Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Jeep ZJ Steering Parts Upgrade on my XJ

One of the very first issues I encountered when first driving my Jeep Cherokee was the sloppy steering.  So I took to the forums and researched the best upgrade path to go for a daily driver and possibly a mild off-roader.   The General consensus was to do a ZJ steering parts upgrade on an XJ. I gotta say, this alone was a huge improvement over stock.  The swap was pretty much easy to do.  The parts Lists needed were the following:


  1. Moog DS1312 Tie Rod End
  2. Moog ES2079S Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeve
  3. Moog ES3096L Tie Rod End

Pretty much its direct bolt on. The Moog parts are highly recommended.  If I had to offer any tips its to place the zerk grease fittings after you have installed everything as to not damage them during the install.   Also, when you remove the old Tie-Rod, etc.  Measure the distance with the new one all put together so you don't have to worry too much about wheel alignment when your done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment